Tonight’s meditation comes verbatim (page 208) from 1,001 Pearls of Yoga Wisdom, a little book that’s packed with illuminating and calming information on yoga, quotations from various works of literature and spiritual texts, meditation, poses, and so on.
- Sit comfortably with your spine upright and close your eyes.
- Visualize your mind as a deep lake, and view passing thoughts as ripples on the surface of the water.
- Now dip beneath the surface, to the depths where the water is calm.
- Breathe in the peace and stillness of these depths.
- Then open your eyes, in the knowledge that this still place is always inside.